November 30, 2022
The work will mainly be part of the research project DISCRETION, a quantum communications project recently awarded to Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, but also other the associated projects when appropriate. The candidate will work in the integration on Quantum Key Distribution systems and encryptors into production facilities following novel networks paradigm such as Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization. Specifically, he/she will work as a liaison between the network’s end users and the research center. This task involves taking the requirements for a correct integration of use cases on quantum networks and their subsequent implementation. The candidates are also expected to be in charge of the negotiations and communications with the network’s end users.
We are looking for motivated individuals willing to do research in the integration of quantum communications in telecommunications networks.
The candidate must have excellent communication skills and experience gathering requirements.
- We expect good programming skills, preferably in Python and C/C++.
- revious expertise on Quantum Communications will be considered, particularly experience on QKD devices (CV and DV).
- He/she will be the contact person for networks users.
- The candidate must know how to extract andgather technical requirements for the different use cases proposed by the network’s end users.
- He/she will be responsible for the communications between the final users and the research center.
- We will value the candidate’s ability to work as part of a team, on his/her own initiative,and his/her communications skills.
- Languages: high level of English & Spanish.
- The gross salary will be 21.500,00€/year.
- Expected duration: 12 months extendible to the end of the project.
- Estimated start date: December 5th, 2022.
For further information, please, check the attached document. If you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com before 30/11/2022 23:59.