Pablo Toharia Rabasco
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Date start: 01/04/2018
Date end: 30/04/2020
Funded by Comunidad Europea
The HBP Flagship was launched by the European Commission’s Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) scheme in October 2013, and is scheduled to run for ten years. The Flagships, represent a new partnering model for visionary, long-term European cooperative research in the European Research Area, demonstrating the potential for common research efforts. The HBP has the following main objectives:
- Create and operate a European scientific Research Infrastructure for brain research, cognitive neuroscience, and other brain-inspired sciences
- Gather, organise and disseminate data describing the brain and its diseases
- Simulate the brain
- Build multi-scale scaffold theory and models for the brain
- Develop brain-inspired computing, data analytics and robotics
- Ensure that the HBP’s work is undertaken responsibly and that it benefits society.
More information on the HBP’s Flagship Objectives is available in the Framework Partnership Agreement.