October 15, 2022
The work will mainly be part of the research project DISCRETION, a quantum communications project recently awarded to Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, but also other the associated projects when appropriate. The candidate will work in the integration on Quantum Key Distribution systems and encryptors into production facilities following novel networks paradigm such as Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.Specifically, he/she will work on the protection of critical infrastructures by means of security protocols and tools oriented to that purpose. The candidate will implement secure interfaces and applications for all communications between the components of the QKD network, covering both the classical part and the software elements that control quantum communications.
We are looking for motivated individuals willing to do research in the integration of quantum communications in telecommunications networks. We expect good programming skills as well as knowledge of critical infrastructure protection, secure management of shared resources, protection of communications, firewall configuration etc.
- Knowledge of backend technologies like Django, Flask and Node.js will be valued, as well as the maintenance of webservers like apache and nginx. Profound knowledge of HTML5+CSS and Framworks, APls and libraries for the frontend like Bootstrap, jQuery, WebGL and D3 will be highly valuable, as well as having some experience with CMS like WordPress.
- Previous experience on Quantum Communications, in particular with QKD devices (CV and DV) will be considered.
- The knowledge on classical cryptography and novel networks paradigms such as Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization as well a classical and modern network protocols will be valued.
- The candidate is expected to have the ability to work as part of a team, on his/her own initiative, and excellent communications skills.
- We also expect some experience in the development of high Technological Readiness Level software development.
- Languages: high level of English & Spanish.
- The gross salary will be 21.500,00€/year.
- Expected duration: 12 months extendible to the end of the project.
- Estimated start date 1st of November 2022.
For further information, please, check the attached document. If you are interested, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15/10/2022 23:59.