A job position is offered for a Bachelor’s, Master’s degree (or equivalent) in some computer science specialty at the E-USOC (Spanish User Support and Operations Centre) of the Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM), located on the Montegancedo Campus in Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid. The E-USOC is a center responsible, by delegation of the European Space Agency (ESA), for the preparation, execution, and processing of experiments carried out on the International Space Station.
On the other hand, the E-USOC has created the educational satellite ESAT, which has been developed in such a way that any user can change its functionalities, as well as easily expand it using open-source programming. In addition, the research group is responsible for the Human and Robotics Exploration (HRE) Science Data Center (SDC) of ESA, whose primary objective is the systematic archiving of scientific data from all historical, present, and future missions carried out on different platforms (ISS, parabolic flights, etc.) by HRE/ESA. The HRE SDC is responsible for the long-term preservation of existing HRE data and for ensuring that future data generated is systematically distributed to the scientific community.
- PHP web development.
- Scripting (Python, Ruby, and Bash).
- Basic knowledge in communication networks.
- Basic knowledge in Linux system administration.
- Proficient in software configuration control tools: Git.
- High level of English.
Positive consideration will be given to knowledge such as:
- Familiarity with the PHP Symfony framework and content management systems (WordPress).
- Virtualization: Proxmox.
- Linux System Administration: DNS, LDAP, NFS, Samba, Mail, Apache, MySQL, etc.
- Windows System Administration: Exchange Server/Azure.
- Programming in C/C++ and familiarity with the Arduino platform.
- Microsoft .NET platform.
- Advanced design and administration of communication networks.
- Computer security: PKI infrastructure, PGP, auditing tools, etc.
- Design and maintenance of relational databases.
- Experience in project planning and management.
- Knowledge of standards for space data systems (ECSS E-70 and CCSDS).
Given that the learning process is lengthy, it is essential that the candidate consider the job as a long-term commitment with a clear intention of staying. The person must have initiative, be able to work in a team, and have good organizational skills. Availability for travel will be essential.
For further information, please, check the attached document. If you are interested, send your CV to: email@example.com